Event Management Post Graduate Diploma in Event Management (PGDEM)
Post Graduate Diploma in Event Management (PGDEM)
Course Details : Post Graduate Diploma in Event Management (PGDEM)
Duration - 1 Year
Eligibility - Graduation
Event Communication & Presentation Skills -
- Unit I Written communications, (Official, demi-official, Invoice, tender, proposal). Verbal communications.
- Unit II Presentation skills and use of computer in events.
Special Events, Research & Planning -
- Unit I Types and category, Sports, Rallies, Wedding.
- Unit II Aim of event, Develop a mission, Establish Objectives Preparing event proposal, Use of planning tools.
- Unit III Protocols, Dress codes, staging, staffing.
Advance Event Accounting & Costing -
Budget, break even point, cash flow analysis, Profit & loss statement, balance sheet, panic payments , financial control systems.
Event Marketing, Advertising & PR -
- Unit I Nature of Marketing, Process of marketing Marketing mix, Sponsorship.
- Unit II Image, Branding, Advertising Publicity and Public relations.
Event Production & Logistics -
- Unit I Concept, theme, Fabrication, light & sound, handling venders.
- Unit II Logistic policy , procedures, performance standards functional areas, motivation and leadership.
Event Laws & Licenses -
Relevant legislations, liquor licenses, trade acts, stake holders and official bodies, contracts.
Advance Aspects of Event Management -
Advance Aspects of Event Management -Preparations, accounting. Designing, Mega events coordination, safety, Monitoring and evaluation.
Practical Paper (Case Studies) -
There will be seven theory papers of three hours duration carrying 100 marks each. Out of these 100 marks, 80 marks will be the weightage for final theory paper and 20 marks will be for internal assessment for the sessional work. In practical paper, students will be tested for planning, concept, designing and lay out of an event. Practical paper will carry 100 marks.
Suggested Reading : Successful Event Management By Anton Shone & Bryn Parry.